Blogs are maintained online and so you can access them anywhere and at any time, as long as you have an Internet connection. You just sign in to your blog account and you can create a post, edit post, change blog template, customize your blog and change blog settings easily.
It is also very easy to add a lot of cool tools to your blog like an opt-in or subscription form so if you don’t already have a list it is a great way to start. If you already have a list it’s also a great way to continue to build your list.
Ideas of things to put on your blog besides articles:
- Video is really easy to publish on your blog and is another great way to get noticed by the search engines. Google loves video.
- Go to blinkx.com and find a video on a topic that’s in your niche that you like and insert the video with a commentary on your blog. You can also go to YouTube.com and do the same thing.
- Have a guest blogger write an article one week for you.
- Review a product or service.
- Do a frequently asked questions.
- Search ehow.com or ezinearticles.com for some ideas.
Another cool thing about blogs is each post you create is assigned with different URL address which means they each will have their own and separate web page. This is just one reason blogs are great for getting noticed by the search engines.
Position yourself as an expert! Plus not only does a blog help you get attention and traffic. Your blog positions you as an expert and builds your credibility. Plus a little human touch goes a long way to building trust. See my previous posts about Oprah to learn why that is important.
Let me know when you have your blog up and running. Post a link to it in response to this post and share it with everyone here. I would love to see it.