Being in marketing for what feels like a lifetime, the ONE things all my clients struggle with is how do they get more new clients/customers? And– how do they get more people to convert on their websites and get into their marketing funnel? I’d like to tell you that the REAL answer is incredibly sophisticated and complicated. But, it’s really not, it really IS simple, what I’m about to reveal to you. And you have to understand that this is not rocket science and it’s something you probably already know. ..
The SECRET to getting more Clients/Customers- is you HAVE to BUILD a RELATIONSHIP with them FIRST– BEFORE you ask them to buy from you- that’s it. And the age old example that always hits home is you wouldn’t ask someone to marry you on the first date, so why are you doing that with your marketing? When you get them into your funnel, don not immediately ask them for money. Date them, send them emails filled with value, build their trust, give them interesting tips, strategies and information that they can use right away in their business, their lives. And honestly after you’ve sent them 7 to 10 emails THEN ask them to buy something from you- and not anything really big either. And often times I will tell my clients to start by putting the sale in the P.S.– not even in the body of the email. (Actually this is a terrific strategy missed by many people- not using their P.S.- many people read that first BEFORE even reading the body of the email!)
Once you get this concept, then we can plus it up– look into your so-called “war chest” and find some cool things you can give away to them to build their trust and a relationship with them. Next, be a REAL person to them– don’t just give them valuable information, tell them about yourself, give them an entertaining story about your kids, your partner, your dog, the trip you just took– CONNECT with them on another level– again it’s about building a relationship with them. And also encourage them to connect with you on social media where you can then connect with them and build your relationship even further.
Some specific takeaways for building a relationship with your prospects to turn them into clients:
1) Core- Build a relationship with them
2) Entertain them with good stories, antidotes, inspiring quotes, funny pictures, etc.
3) Reveal things about yourself- really connect with them- be personal- talk to them one on one like you’re having coffee with them
4) Give them valuable content they can take and use right away
5) Don’t try to sell them anything until you’ve done the first 3 well- so after about 7 to 10 emails or so
6) Treat your prospects, clients/Customers as you would like to be treated
7) Communicate with them on a regular basis- at least ONCE a week, if not more
8) Covet thefolks on your list and keep doing the above and you will have them investing in your business AND you will have clients/customers for life
As I said, it REALLY is that simple to get new clients/customers- just focus on BUILDING a relationship with them. Trust me, it really does work, and let me know how you do– I’m here to help! 🙂